It can be difficult to capture what I do, the experiences I have as the API Evangelist. I do not have a job, there is no start or stop to my work day, I work all the time, evangelizing the concept of an API across small businesses, the enterprise, government and amongst the average citizen.
The concept of a resume for me doesn't really exist anymore. The demonstration of my ability and experience is an aggregate of my blog(s), Tweets, Github repositories, research projects, talks, images and videos. While this all provides a summary of who I am, and what I'm doing, it was lacking detail on the experiences I have.
My experiences page reflects the meaningful milestones in my past, that have affected my life, career, and ultimately my message as the API Evangelist. As I begin documenting my world in this way, I'm sure I'll find new experiences from the past, and the process will also evolve understanding of how I experience things in the future.
Here are the major experiences in my career spanning the last 20 years.
- April - Wrote first blog post on ProgrammableWeb
- December - Began working as API Evangelist for CityGrid in West Hollywood
- October - Began working as API Evangelist for Mimeo in New York City
- July - Began working on my API Evangelist research, which would become APIEvangelist.com
- February - Became social media director at Altrec in Bend, Oregon
- October - Becme VP of Technology at Web Events Global in Roseville, CA
- January - Started my social media marketing company called Social Media Squad
- September - Became lead developer at Palo Alto Software in Eugene, Oregon
- June - Help start real estate startup IDX in Eugene, Oregon
- August - Became lead developer at auto and equipment dealer Vihn.net in Eugene, Oregon
- September - Became lead DBA at Tactical Marketing Ventures in Westmister, Colorado
- March - Became lead application developer at nonprofit tech provider Netcorps in Eugene, OR
- February - Started a series of music promotion companies ending with PicHitz Entertainment
- March - Became lead database developer at Mt Rose Sotware