I'm looking through four primary marketplaces:I find applications from companies I've never heard of. It seems like a new way to discover tech products. I'm also seeing applications from big providers like box.net, eventbrite, etc.I'm thinking about the marketplace concept and how they influence my adoption of these applications:
There is lots to think about when it comes to application marketplaces: Which ones we should pay attention to? Where we should consider building apps? Where we should consider partnering with existing players?While doing this research I also searched Google for more "application marketplaces":
- Google Apps Marketplace - I've installed a couple apps, but primarily if it isn't a Google offering I don't notice. See potential tough.
- Chrome Web Store - Brand new...just checking out.
- Salesforce AppeExchange - Interesting offerings and platform, but I am not a daily Salesforce user or developer.
- Evernote Trunk - I am dedicated Evernote user, but really haven't found anything here I would use. I see lots of good things, just nothing I'd use.
I then went through about 10 pages of Google results. A couple other no name marketplaces. What other top marketplaces am I missing?
- Android Marketplace - Doh! of course. Can't forget about Android.
- Adobe Marketplace - Makes sense to have a place for AIR apps.
- Zoho Marketplace - Collection of applications for Zoho platform.
- Windows Phone Marketplace - Can't forget Window Mobile.
- Blackberry App Store - Can't forget Blackberry either.