Cloud Computing Opportunities
I have been spending time researching different aspects of cloud computing and opportunities out there to evangelize about it.I was researching Recovery money going to the National Science Foundation. As of today it isn't flowing quite yet.Then I got curious of other project funding opportunities there are with the National Science Foundation. There are so many of them. I started looking at technology specific funding opportunities that would easily apply to cloud computing.Here are a handful of areas I found:
- CISE Cross-Cutting Programs - This solicitation seeks proposals in cross-cutting areas that are scientifically timely, and that benefit from the intellectual contributions of researchers with expertise in a number of computing fields and/or sub-fields.
- Information and Intelligent Systems - CISE's Division of Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge.
- Computer and Network Systems - CISE's Division of Computer and Network Systems (CNS) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge.
- Computing and Communication Foundations - CISE's Division of Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge.
- Foundations of Data and Visual Analytics - Individuals working in areas as diverse as science, engineering, finance, medicine, and national security all face the challenge of synthesizing information and deriving insight from massive, dynamic, ambiguous and possibly conflicting digital data.
- Cyber-Physical Systems - The term cyber-physical systems refers to the tight conjoining of and coordination between computational and physical resources. We envision that the cyber-physical systems of tomorrow will far exceed those of today in terms of adaptability, autonomy, efficiency, functionality, reliability, safety, and usability.
- Cyber-Enabled Discovery and Innovation - Cyber-Enabled Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is NSF's bold five-year initiative to create revolutionary science and engineering research outcomes made possible by innovations and advances in computational thinking.
- Broadening Participation in Computing - The Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) program aims to significantly increase the number of U.S. citizens and permanent residents receiving post secondary degrees in the computing disciplines, with an emphasis on students from communities with longstanding underrepresentation in computing.