Wordpress launched their Version 3.0 of the popular blogging and content management platform today. I'm a big fan and user of Wordpress, so I follow their blog.Some of the features that are notable are:
And much more, you can view a complete list at Version 3.0 Codex. I am going to install it on a couple of my R&D blogs where I just try out new templates, features, and play around with custom Wordpress development.I always appreciate the Wordpress updates but feel the magic is really in the developer ecosystem and Wordpress Plugins.
- New default theme called Twenty Ten
- Theme developer API for implementing backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus, post types, and taxonomies
- Multi-site management capability
- Ability to set the admin user name and password during installation
- oEmbed support
- Order link categories by name, not count, on Add New/Edit Link page