Learning HTML 5
17 Jun 2010
I'm enjoying learning about HTML 5. I haven't been this excited about HTML since 1995(well maybe the day I actually understood the DOM also). I recently played around with the HTML5 Local Web Storage
and HTML5 Web SQL Database
in a HTML local contact management prototype
I am building.
As I'm learning about the other features of HTML5 I will document the best learning tools here:
- HTML Info Graphic - An excellent visual walking you through HTML 5.
- Dive Into HTML 5 - A regular novel on HTML 5. Still working through this one.
- HTML5 Tutorial - Getting Started - This covers the basics of an HTML 5 document.
- A Preview of HTML 5 - Walks through the HTML document, video and audio, and document representation.
- What Does It All Mean? - This one really dives in deep to the HTML 5 document and the semantics of HTML 5. I will be reading this one over and over.
- HTML 5 Demos and Examples - Some great functional introductions to HTML 5. I like it because it included functional HTML5 as well as the visual eye candy.
- HTML 5 Local Storage - Diving more into the functional. Which I like.
- HTML 5 Canvas Cheat Sheet - Cheat sheets are always handy.
- HTML 5 Cheat Sheet - A cheat sheet for the wall.
As with the number of programming languages I've learned over the years, I don't learn fully until I get actual projects under my belt. I'm focused on learning the functional sides of HTML 5 before I dive into the visual eye candy. I will keep working on my HTML local storage prototypes. Although I know Audrey will want a player for our music stored on the Amazon S3 cloud before much longer.