Posted on 04-28-2011
Github has released version 3.0 of their API. Using the new Github API users canmanage labels, issue comments, milestones, and events. The new API also has full support for Gists. They've also made several updates to their RESTful approach:
- URLs are simpler and more consistent: https://api.github.com/repos/github/gollum/issues.json.
- Resources return url fields so that clients don't have to build URLs.
- Create/Update actions take JSON, instead of POST parameters.
- Pagination and Rate Limiting info is returned on every applicable request.
- JSON-P requests get a special payload with header information.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reclaim Your Domain LA Hackathon Wrap-up
- Driving The #Reclaim Process Using Terms Of Service Didn't Read
- Considering Amazon Web Service's Continued Push Into Mobile
- Nothing Happens Until I Write It Down
- Intellectual Bandwidth
- Smallest Federated Wiki Blueprint Evangelism
- Making More Time To Play With The Smallest Federated Wiki
- Intellectual Exhaust (IE)
- Remembering My Friend Pat Price
- Disrupting The Panel Format At API Craft SF