Posted on 04-28-2011
Github has released version 3.0 of their API. Using the new Github API users canmanage labels, issue comments, milestones, and events. The new API also has full support for Gists. They've also made several updates to their RESTful approach:
- URLs are simpler and more consistent: https://api.github.com/repos/github/gollum/issues.json.
- Resources return url fields so that clients don't have to build URLs.
- Create/Update actions take JSON, instead of POST parameters.
- Pagination and Rate Limiting info is returned on every applicable request.
- JSON-P requests get a special payload with header information.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- The Schizophrenia of Hacker Storytelling
- I Am Not Signing Anymore NDAs
- Internet Connectivity Reflects Flaws In A Purely Market Driven Approach
- Forget Being Neutral And Objective Anymore With APIs
- Building The Type Of Audience I Really Want
- Moving Beyond Server Side Code And Hosting
- Checkout This Lineup Of Speakers At Defrag, Including Myself
- 6,482 Datasets Available Across 22 Federal Agencies In Data.json Files
- Sorry Google, Your Programming Test Is Not A Valid Measurement Of My Skills
- My Information Consumption Now Driven By Companies And People, Not Just Feeds