Building My API Community with Elance
19 Jan 2011
I'm building the API
area for the Mimeo
Connect Cloud Print
API currently. When it is ready, I will need developers.
I will need developers to write code samples, working on internal projects and be available to work on partner projects.
I can't wait to build momentum and attract developers. I need developers now!
I'm working on a strategy to build my community using the Elance expert community
. It is a ready to go community of developers.
I'm working on some tools for:
- Browsing Developers
- Searching Developers
- Viewing Developer Profiles
- Feature Developers
- Allow Developers to Connect Their Mimeo API Account with their Elance Account
- Integrate the Mimeo Cloud Print API Community with a Mimeo Elance Developer Group
I'm also working on other ways I can use Elance to build my API community:
- Contests - Solicit Elance developer involvement in Mimeo Cloud Print APIcontests.
- Hackathons - Solicit Elance developer involvement in Mimeo Cloud Print API Hackathons.
- Elance Groups - Establishing an Elance Group for the Mimeo Cloud Print API.
- Skills - Work to establish existing Elance skills needed, as well as establish new sets of skills.
I don't suffer from "Build It and They Will Come" Syndrome, I know the success of my API community depends on developers, and I need highly skilled ones right away. Elance seems like the best way to tap an existing community of skilled developer talent and seed my own API community.