Web-based Existence being a Developer09 Jan 2008 So in the last year I have completely move online. Everything I do is web-based. Most of my world exists underneath my Google Account.
However I use many other web services to get done what I do everyday. I can sit down at any computer pretty much and access my world online and get busy.
One area I am lacking is a web-based code editor to manage develop my sites and web applications. I utilize the OWS Architecture for managing a lot of the content on our sites and build out our dynamic web sites using a CMS system.
The main features are:
- Easy to integrate, only one script include and one function call
- Tabulation support (allow to write well formated source code)
- Search and replace (with regexp)
- Auto-indenting new lines
- Line numerotation
- Multilanguage support (currently: Croatian, Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese)
- Possible PHP gzip compression (compress the 12 core files to one file of ~20Ko)
- Allow multiple instances
- Full screen mode
- Possible plugin integration
- Possible save and load callback functions
- Possible dynamic content management
- Can work in the same environment than "protype" and "mootools"'s like libraries.