About Kin Lane
My name is Kin Lane and I am a technology professional with an obsession for Application Programming Interfaces or APIs.
I've been working in the technology space for over 20 years. I remember building my own relational databases, and generating stacks of floppy disks to distribute software to clients. After spending much of my career online, I strongly believe in the openness and distributed nature of the Internet, and that the World Wide Web will be the vehicle to deliver on the promises of technology.
I have lived as a programmer, database administrator, architect, product developer, manager and executive and have experience in business development, sales and marketing--all while living with chronic entrepreneurialism. In this decade I’ve rolled all that experience into a new persona, on that focuses exclusively on APIs--called the API Evangelist.
I spend my days studying the business and politics of the API and telling stories from the space. I thrive on monitoring the API industry in real-time, but also feel looking back at the history, as well as tracking on new trends that are emerging.
I'm a full time evangelist, not for a single API, but for APIs in general. My focus is not just on developers, but helping the rest of the world understand the value and potential of APIs.
You can follow my work on the blogs below and engage with me via my social networks.
Where I Blog:
Links to My Networks:
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Cutting Back On My Traveling And Speaking
- Clarification On The Cease And Desist I Got From @Pluralsight
- Is My Girlfriend Bothering You?
- The Schizophrenia of Hacker Storytelling
- I Am Not Signing Anymore NDAs
- Internet Connectivity Reflects Flaws In A Purely Market Driven Approach
- Forget Being Neutral And Objective Anymore With APIs
- Building The Type Of Audience I Really Want
- Moving Beyond Server Side Code And Hosting
- Checkout This Lineup Of Speakers At Defrag, Including Myself