by Kin Lane on 18 Dec, 2012
I'm closely following the whole Instagram terms of service discussion. I will be watching closely and if Instagram follows through with implementing these TOS changes, I will migrate my photos and close my account.
As with other discussions around the viability of depending upon cloud platforms and building apps and businesses on top of APIs--I am always amazed at how many folks defend this behavior.
What I find interesting, is how many people step up to defend Instagram or Twitter in these online battles. How many of the stories are about how silly users are to use cloud services, and how stupid developers are to build apps and businesses on top of web APIs.
Let’s not support the stories Silicon Valley tells to protects its own, but tell stories that make sure that all cloud services consider their users interests and privacy in all aspects of operations, and all APIs are developer centric in all technical, business and legal aspects of operating their platform.
Network of Sites
Latest Blog Posts
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- A Civic Hacker Corp
- Hacking Your Automobile Dashboard
- A Lifetime of Experience with 'Government Workers'
- Reminder of Why Data Portability Should Be Default: Bye Bye Posterous
- An Author Walk-Through of a Story in Audio
- Who Are The Customers For Your Startup?
- Your Glasses Are Prime Real Estate for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Personal Legal Storage Locker for TOS and NDA
- Add Or Update Your #ReclaimOpen Profile At The Github Site